Placement Human Resource Officer
Based in Tockwith York, we have an exciting 12 month placement opportunity working as a HR officer. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager & working in a generalist role you will gain professional and transferable skills which can be used throughout your career. You will play an active role within the business and be given the responsibility to make integral decisions to help shape our HR remit. This role will involve:
- Recruiting staff - developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Planning and delivering training including new staff inductions.
- Maintaining and updating HR records
- Assisting with health and safety management
- Facilitating with departmental processes and procedures reviews
- Working closely with the finance team supporting the payroll process
- Assisting with the management of internal and external events
- Displays our core values; Enthusiasm, Willingness to learn and Flexibility.
- Good commercial awareness and understanding of how to apply HR in a business context.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Creative and forward thinking to support continuous improvement of HR functions
- Desirable: A basic understand of employment legislation including absence and performance management
What we offer:
- A university sandwich year placement for students looking to gain real world experience in the penultimate year of their degree.
- Comprehensive induction, training programme & buddy Scheme
- Internal Development Programme - A tailored in-house programme designed to develop your employability skills.
- Ongoing supported learning through monthly legal team meeting
- Graduate and final year opportunities available following successful placement.
- £16,000 salary per annum + performance based bonus
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays + 12 additional ‘flexi holidays’
- Huge additional benefits package including flexible working hours, ‘Dress for your Day’ policy, free on-site fitness class & many more.
We are looking for someone that demonstrates our core values.
- Motivated and Ambitious
- Have a positive outlook
- A progressive thinker who is driven to continuously improve and innovate
Willingness to Learn
- Demonstrate willingness to grow
- Strive to learn new techniques and information
- Thrives on work that is challenging, relevant and rewarding
- Adapt approach and behaviour to customer needs
- React positively to new opportunities and challenges
- Team worker with the ability to use own initiative
Interested? Then we want to hear from you!
Send your CV and a covering letter, telling us why we should choose you to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Early applications are advantageous.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview at our Tockwith office.
Please be aware that due to the remote location of our office a full UK driving licence is recommended.